At NIC Hawaii, our sole mission is to bring government services to the people. We do this by developing digital government services through a public/private partnership with the State of Hawaii. Since our creation in 2000, over 160 digital government services have been deployed and over 2.5 million citizens visit Hawaii.gov annually. View the full list of services or check out our portfolio.
Located in downtown Honolulu we employ 34 full time staff members.
NIC Hawaii is a Hawaii corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of eGovernment firm NIC Inc. (Nasdaq: EGOV).
What we do
What we don’t do
Oversight of our operation
The twentieth Legislature, in 2000 passed Act 292 establishing the Access Hawaii Committee (AHC) to oversee the state of Hawaii’s internet portal activities.
Pursuant to Act 292, the AHC coordinates the activities of HIC and the departments and agencies that utilize the portal. The committee provides oversight of the portal manager including:
- Review of the annual strategic plan and periodic reports on potential new applications and services submitted by the portal manager;
- Review and approval of all charges to portal users;
- Review and approval of service level agreements negotiated by government agencies with the portal manager;
- Review of the annual financial reports and audit of the portal manager;
- Review of annual customer satisfaction surveys conducted by the portal manager; and
- Review of performance measures of the portal submitted as part of the service management plan for portal-wide indicators and application specific indicators.